If a person wishes to become a Navy SEAL, the candidate must meet the under mentioned criteria.
- The candidate must be a US citizen.
- The candidate should be a male within 18 and 28 years of age. However, 17 year old persons could be considered with the permission of their parents.
- Should meet certain eyesight requirements.
- Should be serving in the United States Navy or US Coast Guard.
- Should be a high school graduate, with ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
- Should score a minimum of 165 in General Science + Mechanical Comprehension + Electronics Information or should score a minimum of 220 in Verbal Expression + Mechanical Knowledge + Mechanical Comprehension + Coding Speed as the ASVAB score.
- Should pass the special Physical Screening Test or PST of Navy SEAL.
- Should have good moral character and should not have any prior drug abuse record. If criminal offenses and traffic tickets are there, depending on the severity, waivers might be given or refused.
Do’s for becoming Navy SEAL
As such, a person wishing to become a US Navy SEAL should prepare from an early age. He should strive to improve his physical fitness to peak level. He should preferably train under the guidance of an ex-Navy SEAL person with the aim of passing the ASVAB score and PST test. He should enquire and obtain all the relevant information about the tests and physical fitness levels from the trainer and work continuously to meet and exceed the required standards. He should also improve his English knowledge. He should visit an eye doctor and ensure that his vision is good enough to meet the Navy requirements. He should train vigorously in swimming, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, and running. He should remember that he would need to pass the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALS or BUD/S physical fitness screening test and train accordingly. Even before that, he should be recruited by the US Navy. To achieve this, he should understand the basic recruitment rules and regulations of the US Navy and strive to achieve the required standard.
Dont’s for becoming Navy SEAL
The person training for Navy SEAL selection should be careful not to use any kind of intoxicating drugs. He should avoid all kinds of criminal activities or association with persons having criminal records. He should be careful while driving. He should follow all the road rules and keep away from getting any traffic violation tickets as far as possible.
This Article is written by James Kara Murat